Winter has returned and we’ve had frost for the last couple of mornings. No frost in March… and now it gets cold in April.
We’ve also tweaked / tuned our website. We’ve added some new programs, made payment plans for some items and hopefully made it easier to use and understand. Here’s a good page that will let you see some of the changes.
I need your help –
I like to pride myself in being able to answer questions. I love to teach and being able to answer a question when someone asks is a great feeling. This week I was asked some questions about international tutoring that I didn’t know the answer to. So if you tutor outside of the US I have some questions for you. Or if you have a friend / relative who tutors internationally we would love to hear from them. You can just hit reply to this note or leave a comment on facebook.
- What country do you tutor in?
- What has been the most profitable way you’ve found of getting business?
- If someone were to start a tutor business in your country, what would be one piece of advice you could give them to make things easier.
- What do most of your students find difficult?
- What is the hardest part of owning your tutor business?
We would love it if you answered those questions and we’ll include it a future issue. Please make sure you send your contact information and we’ll make sure to credit you (and your business) with your comments.
Resources you can use –
How to create a Facebook timeline for your business
Creating Summer Tutor Program part 2 – Creating a Summer Tutor Program — Part 2 – Setting Prices
To Do List for the Week –
- If you haven’t gotten your taxes ready – it’s go time.
- If you had a rough time paying your taxes this year… congratulations, that means you’re making money. I try to set aside $x a week into a “tax” fund. I then use this fund to pay my estimated taxes and unexpected expenses. Just remember, you may need to adjust if you have an unexpected increase in business.
- Planning for your summer tutoring sessions should be in high gear… if not get started today.
- Take a walk with your family this weekend.
Have a wonderful week!!