One of our students asked a good question about tutoring at a students home. Here is our response to them.
Since you’ll be traveling to your customers – here’s what I would do to get the most out of the course.
1. Make sure you sign up for the email series.
2. During the email series it will focus on some things you’ll want to do every day / every week.
Everything is the same
- getting students
-interviewing clients (although you can do this at their home if you wish)
The actual tutoring will be the same except you’ll be at their homes – here are a few tips.
1. Make sure you keep track of the miles driven for tax purposes.
2, Do a test drive to the students home before the actual tutor day so you’ll know about how long it takes to drive there.
3. When possible schedule students in the same neighborhood, the same days. This will help you save money on gas.
4. You’ll want to make sure you prepare the evening before. Get all the material you’ll need to tutor for the next day. I’ve used small rubbermaid crates for this. I have two. One that has general supplies – things you may need – that box stays in the car. Then the tutor box.
5. Make sure you pick a good tutor spot at the home. You’ll want to try and keep that spot the same throughout the tutoring.
Any questions let us know – we’re here to help you become a success.